ISDA Fallback as an option

Good new for those who have not signed ISDA fallback protocol: the value of your option is increasing. For this you have to thank the 1,791 firms that have signed already (figure provide in a Risk article - subscription required).

1,791

I have explained the option value of the fallback in previous blogs, e.g. Signing the LIBOR fallback protocol: a cautionary tale (again). More other firms sign it, more the value of your options is increasing.

For this post, I have put the option in a formula. The slide below is extracted from a recent workshop on "Benchmarks in transition"

It uses the type of notation I have introduce for the fallback in a Risks article on LIBOR Fallback and Quantitative Finance

Don't hesitate to contact me for potential work on valuing your fallback options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short note on long-term repos

Multi-curve framework book new edition: endorsement by Marco Bianchetti

Multi-curve framework book: new edition in progress